Thursday, May 7, 2009

Spontaneous California Trip

So last Friday morning I get a call from Stephen and he asked me if I wanted to go to California for the weekend. Of course I said yes but I automatically got bummed out because I knew I wouldn't be able to go because my Dad wouldn't let me but after bugging him about it for an hour, he finally let me go. Once school got out, I rushed home and packed, then picked everyone up, and before I knew it I was on my way to California with Stephen, Nick, And Britt. We left Stephens house in Tempe, around 5:30 and got in to Newport around 11, so it was a 5 1/2 trip, not that bad. The first place we went was Dough Boys aka best doughnut shop on planet earth. Then about an hour later we met up with Bwall and Eggy, thinking we we're going to go shred for only an hour or two, but it turned into a late night, early morning session. We went to this handrail outside a movie theater and had to wait like 2 or 3 hours to skate it. So I guess Eggy finally got his shred on the rail at like 4amish, I don't remember I was half asleep during the whole thing. After Eggy got his trick we left around 5:30ish. Before we headed to where we were staying we made another Dough Boys run. We got to stay at Chris's cousins house in Laguna Hills which was 20 minutes south of Newport, It was nice because she was in PHX for a wedding so we had the whole house to our selfs. We ended up getting there around 6am, the sun was already rising haha. We finally went to bed probably around 6:30.

Saturday we went skating with Carney around 2, met up at Costa Mesa park, then skated a few spots around Anaheim and Fullerton, then after that Stephen, Britt, Nick and I went to Huntington Beach and Watched the sunset.
Huntington Beach
Huntington Beach
We got some food after then heading back to the house. We just chilled for the night, cruised down to the Albertson's that was down the street, then hung out in the hot tub, and to finish out the night we watch Twilight haha.

Sunday was our final day in Cali before we had to leave to go back to PHX that night. We ended up skating with a lot of people, Carney, Bwall, Eggy, Tom, Sumner, RJ, and Shane. We went to this high school where we met up with everyone, then headed out to the 405 ditch for Stevie to shoot an AD photo with Sumner. After the whole session, we got some food and dipped back to AZ. We got in around 12, but I didn't end up getting home till 1 because I had to drop everyone off. I woke up the next morning at 6:30am for school, but it was worth it.

Here are some photos from my two disposable camera's from the trip.

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

No comments:

Followers